Pages

Thursday 19 April 2012

Topshop Makeup Haul



A couple of weeks ago, I found myself in the makeup section in Topshop Newcastle. I have previously bought a Topshop cream blush and was really impressed, so thought it was about time to give some other products a go. 

For me the thing that really appeals is their cute packaging, I really don't think any other brand comes close in terms of quirkiness and originality. I particularly enjoy the way the designs look hand-drawn with an almost childlike quality to them. To be honest even if the product itself was rubbish, I would still purchase it for the novelty factor of the packaging. 



On my quest to achieve glowy, radiant skin, two products caught my eye. The first one was 'Skin Glow' a liquid highlighter. It comes with a handy pump to make sure you don't get any wastage, and at 30ml for £10 you are getting a decent amount of product for you money. 

When rubbed into the skin and the light hits it, it is very shimmery and you can see beautiful pink undertones. This reminds me of Mac's strobecream, although the texture of this is alot lighter. I will be using this mixed into my foundation or moisturiser to give my face a healthy glow. 

  
Next up was the Topshop Highlighter in 'Sunbeam'. This is really pigmented as you can see from the photo above, but its also really finely milled so you will have no problems blending this out to give a subtle shimmer rather than full on gold overdose! I found my brush picked up the product really easily, and even though I am quite pale it suited my complexion, but I'm pretty sure this would look good on any skin tone. This was £10 for 6.5g, so again good value.

  Also, being a nail vanish junkie I could not resist picking up a couple of nail varnishes. I opted for two jewel toned colours, in 'Jewel in the Crown' (above) and 'AWOL' (below). I have worn AWOL, and although it looked really nice on, it did not last long at all and chipped within a few hours. This doesn't bother me a huge amount though, as I change my nails every two days or so anyway.    



 Hope everyones having a good week, and have managed to avoid getting caught out in this horrific British weather!!

Thanks for reading!

 

2 comments:

  1. love the colour of the blue nail varnishes, and the sunbeam highlighter pigment looks amazing, thanks for this post, i reeeally want to try the highlighter!
    x
    sculpturedmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Yes the highlighter is amazing I've been using it every day! x

    ReplyDelete