Pages

Saturday 26 May 2012

Summer Nail Selection

Left-Right: Rimmel Peppermint, Models Own Pink Punch, Topshop Green Room, Revlon Charming and Essie Tart Deco


 Summer is well and truly here!!

The weather has been stunning pretty much all week, and what better way to compliment it than to wear brights on your nails! I have quite a large nail varnish collection, but I have picked out the 5 colours that I seem to be reaching for most frequently.


Rimmel Peppermint £4.59, Boots

Mint is my favourite colour at the moment, I can't seem to get enough of it! I like this because its a muted mint, its not bright and in your face. Rimmel Lycro Pro formula claims to be long lasting and chip resistant, and I do think this lives up to it. I wore it for well over a week with only very slight chipping. The only negative about this is the way it applies- it is very thick (which is not helped by the thick brush, making application abit messy) and quite streaky, so requires afew coats to even it out.

Model's Own Pink Punch £5.00, Boots

I really cannot fault Model's Own as a brand. At £5 I think they are very reasonably priced, with a large range of shades to choose from and a brilliant formula, and a decent sized bottle. Every single one of their polishes that I own apply like a dream, and last for ages. I am wearing 'Pink Punch' today as I wanted something blindingly bright that screamed summer...the pictures above do not translate the true colour very well, its more of a neon hot pink, not orange toned like in the photos.


Topshop Green Room £5, Topshop

'Green Room' is a beautiful, intense turquoise, in some lights it is more of a bright jade green. This goes on quite thinly, so requires about 3 coats, but its worth the wait! Its very eye-catching and I recieved alot of compliments wearing it. Topshop nails are fast becoming my top-loved nail brand along with Model's Own; although the bottle is smaller, I think its a cute size. Besides, when do you ever finish a nail varnish!?!?



Revlon Charming £6.49, Boots

'Charming' is the most subtle, soft pastel lilac. It reminds me of those disgusting sweets you used to get, parma violets!! I really like how pale it is, very pretty and girly. I have been wearing this with Model's Own Ibiza Mix over the top which makes for a beautiful combination. Quite a runny, liquidy formula, with a very long, thin brush, but it actually goes on very nicely. I have found this does have a tendancy to chip, so make sure you wear a topcoat with it!

Essie Tart Deco £7.99, Boots

This is my first foray into the brand Essie. I decided to give them a try when they launched their diffusion line in Boots and Superdrug. So far I am really impressed!! Tart Deco is a coral/orange with a cream finish, and I found it covered my nail fine with just one coat. I also picked up 'Flawless' which is a muted pinky-mauve, which does not suit my skin tone unfortunately.  

Hope you liked my summer nail picks! What are your favourite colours?

Wish I could say that I have been enjoying the sun, but I have been looking after my poorly Mum who has just had major surgery, so hoping the sun decides to stick around for a while longer!!

 

10 comments:

  1. I am so buying Peppermint on Monday, I need it in my life <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i brought the revlon one last week, still not had the chance to try it yet! Pretty colours! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! Looks especially nice with a glitter topcoat xx

      Delete
  3. I'm loving those 2 blue-ish colors! Wish that rimmel shade was available here in the states...haven't seen it.

    Hope your mom makes a speedy recovery! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou she's doing ok :)
      That's a shame you can't find it! Wonder if you could hunt it down on eBay or something? Xx

      Delete
  4. i love the topshop nail varnish! i have known about topshop cosmetics for a while, but i've never indulged in any! would you recommend?xx
    werewolfcubes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes definately!!!! You should seriously give them a go, got some really nice stuff in. I'm a big fan of the nail varnish and eyeliners :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rimmel Peppermint is gorgeous! Great summery colours in general! Great post :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) yes i think Peppermint could go in my top 5 ever nail polishes!! xx

      Delete